IT Help Desk Support Intern – PAID
Rapidly growing Fairfield County based IT consulting firm seeks highly motivated IT Help Desk Support Intern for immediate start. Our mission is to provide our clients the highest level of professional service by promptly delivering smart and effective solutions for their IT needs. We are a full service IT solutions provider and systems integrator working from analysis and architecture through procurement, implementation, and deployment with continued maintenance and support. We take a proactive approach to network system monitoring and maintenance with client satisfaction being paramount.
This is a full-time, paid internship with the possibility of a full-time, salaried position. In this position you will actively participate in all aspects of our IT consulting business. Daily tasks will include client system installation and support, network upgrades, equipment and asset management and customer relations. This position offers incredible growth opportunity limited only by your desire to learn, contribute and deliver.
- Take personal ownership of assigned tasks and client satisfaction.
- Provide premium remote and on-site IT support to all clients and escalate as necessary.
- Build, install and configure new client computers and network equipment.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and connectivity issues.
- Assist with client network upgrades and technology refreshes.
- Update and maintain internal stock and client equipment inventories.
- Proactively maintain client systems.
- Monitor customer networks and escalate issues as required.
- Use ticketing system to manage support requests, escalate issues, document all remediation efforts and maintain equipment specifications and inventories.
- Backup, wipe and dispose legacy equipment.
- Very light office organization and administrative duties.
- Candidate must possess excellent communications skills and exhibit confidence and professionalism among high profile clients including corporate executives.
- Candidate must possess a strong work ethic and prioritize attention to detail.
- Superior technical aptitude and logical reasoning skills.
- Strong time management, multitasking and organizational skills are a requirement including the ability to be prompt and courteous.
- Hands-on experience building, rebuilding and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows desktop computers and laptops.
- Proficiency in Office/Outlook 2007, 2010 and 2013 support.
- Proficiency in basic network concepts and implementation.
- Comfortable working independently and in a team environment.
- Overtime, including nights and weekends may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Commutation within the Fairfield County, Westchester County, and Manhattan areas are requirements of the position.
- Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and registered vehicle.
- Applicants must be able to lift and transport 40 lb. objects.
- Network wiring and termination skills a plus.
- Previous IT Customer Service/Help Desk Support experiences a plus.
- CompTIA A+ or Microsoft certifications a plus.
- Recent college graduate ideal, preferably with technology oriented degree.